“100 Best Android Apps of 2019” – PCMag
Caliber Companion (CC), recommended by caliber developers, is three apps in one:
– a stunning device-based caliber library organizer
– a high performance WiFi caliber device emulator
– a caliber content server and cloud provider (Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and Amazon Cloud Drive) client
1) CC is a caliber device-based library organizer. Once you’ve put books on your device using any of the connection methods described below, you can:
– display the metadata of a book (author, tags, series, notes, dates, etc.).
– sort and group the books by their metadata.
– see lists of books by cover or by list.
– mark the books read and synchronize this information with caliber.
– launch your book reader app to read a book (works with most reading apps except Amazon Kindle for Android on non-Fire devices).
2) DC can connect to caliber via WiFi and be detected by caliber as a device. Once signed in, you use caliber to move books to and from your device. Caliber automatically updates all book metadata stored by CC to match the latest in your library.
3) CC can connect to caliber content server or your cloud provider to browse your library and download books to your device. Currently supported cloud providers: Dropbox, Box, Microsoft OneDrive, and caliber libraries on the device or on an SD card.
For more information see our FAQ (http://cc_faq.multipie.co.uk/)
1) CC is not a reader app. You need to install and use one of the many great reading apps available.
2) CC requires that you are using caliber 0.9.02 or later, available at http://calibre-ebook.com/. Some CC features such as syncing book reading information require newer versions of caliber.
A free demo version of CC is available in the Google Play Store. Install and test with this version if you are concerned that CC is not working on your network or is not what you need. To get it, go to http://www.multipie.co.uk/calibre-companion/ and click on the demo version button (links to Google Play do not work here).
Explanation of permissions:
💎 Allow Wi-Fi multicast reception: multicast is necessary to be able to find caliber without requiring you to enter an IP address.
💎 Users with Jellybean (Android 4.1): You will also see an authorization on “Test access to protected storage”. This is due to a change that Android is making regarding SD card access and just means that our app can save books to your external storage.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
File Upload Center
It provides many features that enable you to upload your files in a simple and organized way. Register now on the site and upload and share your files for free now !