The new edition of Longman’s best-selling Contemporary English Dictionary is a comprehensive vocabulary and grammar resource that will enhance your English learning.
● Support from 04.01 to 05.01
The Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English (6th edition) © 2015
Now with built-in Grammar, Thesaurus, and Dictionary Collocations.
Improve your English with the full dictionary content at your fingertips:
+ 165,000 examples based on natural show corpora of English words in context and how English is actually used.
+ 230,000 words, phrases and meanings – more than any other learner’s dictionary.
Easy to use – easy to understand
+ Definitions written using a vocabulary of only 2,000 words – Longman Definition Vocabulary, ensuring all definitions are clear and easy to understand.
Develop your vocabulary
+ Frequency information about the most common words – the new Longman Communication 9000 – helps you learn first.
+ Words from the Academic Word list highlighted to help you improve your essays and presentations.
Write and speak fluently
+ An integrated Collocations Dictionary system with more than 65,000 collocations: learn word combinations to use the right words together, such as ‘a test’ (not ‘do a test’), ‘rain’ (not ‘heavy rain’), and “very successful”.
● The built-in thesaurus which has over 18,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words helps you improve your writing by using more precise and higher level words: stop saying “nice”, instead, say “beautiful, charming, nice, wonderful, awesome ”.
● Record Notes on the Differences Between Spoken and Written English help to express yourself accurately.
Improve your grammar
● Avoid making the most common mistakes and get extra help with grammar models and using correct tenses.
Improve your pronunciation
● All keywords spoken in British and American English
● All examples of sentences handed down in British or American English (via external links)
All of this makes the Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English the largest resource of English available on any mobile platform.
Features of the app:
– complete content of the printing dictionary
– PLUS additional collocations, synonyms, words and origins
– Guide on how to use the dictionary
– Search using wildcards and suggested words
– predictive text searching helps you with spelling as you look for words
– Search for idioms and phrasal verbs
– search history to help you find recently searched for words
– Support for search from other compatible apps on your device
– Mark your Favorite words
– copy words and text to clipboard
– Word-of-the-Day notifications
– New design and improved navigation
– adjustable font scale to support visually impaired users
– saved bookmarks will be updated in an upcoming version
The ultimate English language learner’s resource for anytime, anywhere use.
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, Sixth Edition (LDOCE6)
© Pearson Education Limited 2009, 2015
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
File Upload Center
It provides many features that enable you to upload your files in a simple and organized way. Register now on the site and upload and share your files for free now !