This app works in conjunction with printed activity sheets or books from NarratorAR.com.au
A pioneer in immersive technology for kindergarten, Narrator AR encourages kids to pick up a pen and write before using the app to animate handwritten words on the page in augmented reality.
It encourages children at a vital stage of early education to acquire fine motor and cognitive skills essential to support early literacy and brain development.
Watching letters and numbers form in 3D animation helps young learners gain a deep understanding of how to write. It is especially beneficial for visual learners.
Maintaining interest and engagement is a challenge, which is why we’ve introduced alternate endings for each AR animation, delivered in a random sequence. This encourages children to “write more” and “play again”.
AR activity sheets connect children to their work and play with handwriting, from simple introductory activities to word hunting, AR adventures and ‘get moving’ activities. The activities follow children through over a year of learning, knowledge translation and confidence building skills as writers and storytellers.
Narrator AR is ideal for group or independent classroom use, for 1: 1 home learning or for occupational therapy sessions. The app is designed for ages 3-5 and is popular with people learning English as a second language.
SAFETY AND SUPPORT
– No data is collected
– No advertising or purchases via an app
– Can be used offline
– The app must access the device’s camera for augmented reality
– Narratorar.com.au provides step-by-step instructions, free lesson plans, demos, activity programs, samples, and an extensive library of resources. Extensive resources will support you throughout a year of learning letters, numbers, CVs and storytelling.
+ Meet “Herbie” our new character. Watch the leaves and flowers burst from the page as they create AR letters and numbers.
+ Improved AR animation
+ AR animations have comedic endings that are delivered in a random sequence to increase engagement and “replay” value
+ New activity resources, all with handwriting and AR activation, include:
– Number of packages
– Packets of letters
– Back-to-school activities
– Games to encourage writing and storytelling
– Word hunt – find words, write words and create stories
– Do activities in motion – great for brain breaks
– AR Adventures – choose your own adventure with different results each time. These include 5 days of letters, numbers, moving games, crafts and drawing:
+ Ocean theme
+ Super Hero Theme
+ More themes in development
– Story Pages – a whimsical story invites young children to create their own stories
– Number of stories
– All About Me Story Series
– Rhymes CVC stories
– 4 Seasons – stories for each season
– Thematic stories – Ocean and Super Hero
– Seasonal stories – Christmas, Easter, Valentine’s Day
The current version of the app uses ARCore.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
File Upload Center
It provides many features that enable you to upload your files in a simple and organized way. Register now on the site and upload and share your files for free now !