PCAPdroid is a privacy-friendly open source app which lets you track analyze and block the connections made by the other apps in your device. It also allows you to export a PCAP dump of the traffic extract metadata and much more!
PCAPdroid simulates a VPN in order to capture the network traffic without root. It does not use a remote VPN server. All the data is processed locally on the device.
– Log and examine the connections made by user and system apps
– Extract the SNI DNS query HTTP URL and the remote IP address
– Inspect HTTP requests and replies thanks to the built-in decoders
– Inspect the full connections payload as hexdump/text
– Decrypt the HTTPS/TLS traffic and export the SSLKEYLOGFILE
– Dump the traffic to a PCAP file download it from a browser or stream it to a remote receiver for real time analysis (e.g. wireshark)
– Create rules to filter out the good traffic and easily spot anomalies
– Identify the country and ASN of remote server via offline db lookups
– On rooted devices capture the traffic while other VPN apps are running
– Firewall: create rules to block individual apps domains and IP addresses
– Malware detection: detect malicious connections by using third-party blacklists
If you plan to use PCAPdroid to perform packet analysis please check out the specific section of the manual.
Join the PCAPdroid community on telegram to discuss and receive updates on the latest features.
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠
I invite you to join our official channel on Telegram to get the best exclusive free and paid apps